The Herald

ReDressed Formals

Imagine walking into a store to buy a formal dress and something immediately catches your eye. You hurry over to the dress eagerly and look at the beautiful design. But your heart drops as you lift up the price tag. For a lot of girls, this can be an all too familiar scenario. However, there is a solution. For those of you who want to rent a non-expensive dress instead of buying one you’ll never wear again, there is a business run by none other than Mrs. Farup known as ReDressed Formals.  

She started the business this past February and it has been growing ever since. It originally started as a business for Lincoln Christians students and families but has recently loaned dresses for occasions such as homecoming, charity benefits, military balls, and other galas. If you don’t want to spend a lot of money on a dress, simply go to the ReDressed Formals Facebook page to look at over 170 options.  

When asked where all the dresses come from, Mrs. Farup said, “All the dresses have either been donated or loaned, however, I am very picky about what comes in. I make sure everything is in excellent condition and representative of current fashions.”  

One of the most unique experiences from her business so far was this last weekend when a young mother of four rented a prom dress for a “parent prom.” She and her husband have been together since middle school but didn’t get the chance to attend prom together. She was glad she finally got the opportunity to go with him while wearing a beautiful Jovani prom dress rented from ReDressed. 

So next time you’re looking for a non-expensive, high-quality party dress or gown, you will know where to look.