The Herald

Boys Basketball Photo Album

Yearbook Staff

Yearbook Staff

Amanda Meers

The doors of LCS were closed once again for the week, in anticipation of the boy’s state basketball. Our guys team had a strong season that was shown till the very end. Finishing with a record of 20-8, they were definitely a team to watch.

As the season progressed, it was clear that the guys were becoming closer and improving their team as a whole. They had a great testimony even when the refs proved to be a challenge. The support shown from the other teammates on the bench was evident and clearly helped the players on the court. The end of the season has also said goodbye to several senior players such as Jackson Mallory, Josh McEwen, Max McEwen, Garret Conrad, and Treyson Bigler. These five were all important and excellent players for the team.

In an interview with Coach Gary Nunally, he said, “We, as a team, spent a lot of time praying, sharing scripture, and urging each other to represent Christ. Our love for Him has grown as the season has progressed.” This kind of unity that was built was also shown very well on the court. Coach Nunally also said, “We wouldn’t have been able to get as far as we did without the amazing support of both our parents and students.”

The team had a great success at state and continued to have a driven aggression till the very end. Although the game was lost on Friday, the team had an amazing comeback, showed great sportsmanship, and still took a strong 68-49 win for 3rd place. When asked what he was most proud of, Coach Nunally said, “The coaches, players, and parents working together to represent Christ well. All of us fell short every day in this area, but together we prayed for each other, picked each other back up, and were determined to stay in the battle for Jesus Christ. We worked hard to “run the race in such a way as to win the prize” for Him, demonstrating Christ-like attitude, effort, and unity.”