The Herald

Pay Attention!

Sophomore Amanda Meers (center)

Sophomore Amanda Meers (center)

Yearbook Staff

Yearbook Staff

Sophomore Amanda Meers (center)

Amanda Meers

This year at Lincoln Christian was a brand new experience for me. Going into my sophomore year and beginning at a new school, I wasn’t really sure what to expect. I had heard many different things about the school and already knew several people who attended which made me excited to begin my first semester.

The year started off with me running cross-country which helped me meet many new people before school even began. I also enjoyed the way my teachers taught the classes. One thing I love about them is that we as students engage in the class by having discussions and expressing our own opinion. This is much more exciting l than simply coming to class, taking notes, and leaving.

The other thing I really loved was the dress code. It was relaxed but still not sloppy. This created a much more relaxed environment in class and helped a lot with stress compared to my previous school’s code.

One thing about the school year that I improved on was getting work done when it needed to be. There is very little, if any, room for procrastination and I had to quickly adapt to this. This is the one tip I would give other students who are beginning sophomore year or high school all together is don’t procrastinate. This is a lot of unnecessary stress that causes sloppy work and creates bad working habits for the future. Getting work done will make the school year a lot easier and more enjoyable.

The other piece of advice I would give is to participate in school activities. I think all students should attend games and participate in the student sections as well as going to concerts. Whether you are there to play, perform, or simply show support for fellow students, I think this is something we should make time for in our schedules. It is often good to socialize with other students outside of classrooms and will create great memories from high-school to look back at.