The Herald

Hot Lunch Lowdown

Isabella Winkels

It’s been a crazy morning.  You spilled your breakfast all over your outfit, the car wouldn’t start, your dog ran away, and your little sister scribbled all over your homework.  You’re finally pulling up to school when you realize you forgot your lunch.  Not to worry, our new online lunch system is there to save the day.  “I love it,” says Brittney Larson, Administrative Assistant to Superintendent and Director of Admissions & Communications. “I love it as a parent and a staff member and the school is leaping into the future.  The new system has been easy to implement and we have received a ton of positive feedback.  We really like that parents and students are more easily able to work together.  You don’t even need to leave your house to order lunch.”   

Thinking back to the previous years, Larson remembers never using any other lunch system than the paper system.  “We knew it was time for a change, and we wanted to keep up with the future generation.   We didn’t even look at any other options, we just knew that online ordering was the solution.  I remember people losing their lunch cards all the time and people forgetting to order their lunches until after we had finished working the lunch table.  The digital world should be much easier.”   

However, there have been some problems along the way.  Larson says, “We still have trouble with staff ordering lunches.  But I think we can work that kink out quickly, so I’m not too worried about that.  Sometimes RenWeb will just shut down and that happens while families are ordering lunches.  It takes a while to reboot, and we have put in a request to get that fixed, so hopefully that won’t be a problem for too long.”  It took Larson most of the summer to get this new system going, and all her hard work seems to have paid off.   

LCS students have agreed with Larson.  Sadye Daniell, a freshman, shared her thoughts.  “At my old school, we all either payed with cash up front or put it on an account.  It was a little crazy sometimes.  I think the online lunch system is better because it creates a better and easier environment.” 

The new online lunch system appears to be a hit! When the glitches are finally worked out, the new system should be much easier and simpler.   

About the Writer
Isabella Winkels, Writer

My full name is Isabella Iola Winkels, but I go by Izzy.  I am a freshman here at LCS, and I have been homeschooled my entire life until now.  I have...