The Herald

Story Behind the Songs

Adriyanna Allen

MyBridge Radio did not start out as a radio ministry at first. It originally started as Mission Nebraska co- founded by Stan Parker and Ron Brown. The ultimate goal for the ministry is to see Christ proclaimed across the entire state of Nebraska, and to give every individual a chance to hear and respond to the gospel, the belief is this will happen as the faith community comes together to create an impact that they could not create separately. They want to be the organization that helps bring Christians and organizations come together and help bring a higher impact spiritually to the state and that wouldn’t happen if people and groups operated by themselves. 

According to Stan Parker the high impact in Nebraska is seen in a variety of ways. For example, many people thought about taking their life but when they get in their cars, a song comes on and they know that Jesus is there with them and then they change their minds., Another story would be when a family was told super bad news, they were very upset but as soon as they turned their song that they really connected had come on and once again God was just screaming that he was there with them. These stories are just examples of how My Bridge has helped many people out, and just over all know that God is always there with you.   

A core value of MyBridge is trying to get people to connect to God, to each other, and to the work of God in their communities across the state, which is why they created MyBridge radio. The name is based off of the idea of connection. If you think about it, a bridge connects. The “my” part came from wanting everybody to own their faith for themselves. This is a ministry to be used as a leverage to get at what God’s wants for their lives, so it’s called MyBridge.  

The idea to form My Bridge took 6 months of talking and praying. After talking and praying Brown and Parker got together and met for several days and they were convinced that they needed to launch this ministry. Parker commented, “the radio was literally God’s idea.” The first radio station they started was in central Nebraska.  It was owned by Grace University, who decided to sell it. If a Christian company didn’t buy the station, the university was going to sell it to a secular station. Stan tried to get other people to buy it out but no one was going for it.  Parker and Brown took a risk and bought it themselves. They got a loan for 1.5 million dollars, which was the cost of the radio station, and paid it back over the next 4 years. My Bridge radio was born, and through it they started to see the impact of the radio and what it could to help people connect.  

The general goal for this radio station is to be a platform ministry, such as the way Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat etc. are platforms. Parker says, “I want people to value sharing, so that the ministry can accelerate for Christian’s across the state.” Parker would not want to expand My Bridge outside of Nebraska for the simple fact of because he feels like God called them to just stay in Nebraska, and not go globally.  

Parker grew through this experience of creating a radio station, from being a leader of several people to managing the technology of the station.  With God’s idea of a station, he grew his passion for trying to help people connect to God and create leaders to help him share the Word. 

About the Writer
Adriyanna Allen, Writer

My full name is Adriyanna Marie Allen. I am in 10th Grade, and I transferred from East High School. My nickname is Driy (dree), but only my close friends...